Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Sun Streaks



Every time I see sun streaks breaking through the clouds, I always think God's sending us a message. Today it might have something to do with the number 40.

Did you know 40 is mentioned 146 times in Scripture? According to my sources, the number 40 generally symbolizes a period of testing, trial or probation.

For example, during Moses' life he lived 40 years in Egypt and 40  years in the desert before God selected him to lead his people out of slavery. Elijah went 40 days without food or water at Mount Horeb. Jesus was tempted by the devil not just three times, but many times during the 40 days and nights he fasted just before his ministry began. (By the way, that's why Lent is 40 days.)

I think it's fitting that today is Post-Washington Quarantine Day 140. Yup, that's right. The period of testing, trial or probation continues!

What I know right now: We have 172 positive tests for COVID-19 in Wood County. We had 42 cases on my birthday a month ago. Hubby and I only go indoors to the store (masked) and we only see people in outside venues.

I have to work from home for another month at least. Heck, let's say at least 40 days, right?

But we still have our health! Maybe today's message from the clouds is just that. Be grateful for what you have today. You never know what storm clouds are rolling in.

No comments: