Tuesday, November 3, 2020

B Grateful


Our alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter B, which means a few more blessings to share!

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption

Ballots: Let's start with the most obvious one today! So grateful for our freedoms in this country and the right to choose our leaders! It was quite an unusual election day. With the whole pandemic happening, more people than ever cast their votes ahead of time – just in case they couldn't make it to the polls today or in case polls were closed for COVID reasons. Hubby and I are old school traditionalists. We grabbed our masks and our own pens and voted at our town hall.

Remember, no matter what the presidential election results are... B kind. If your candidate wins, don't gloat. If they lose, don't respond with anger or violence. Show compassion for your friends and neighbors like it's any other day.

Books: I'm grateful for my books – physical and digital. A lot of people like to watch TV for their down time. I like to escape in my books. Or course, it goes hand in hand with my love for English and writing! Words are powerful, aren't they? Open the Bible if you need convincing on that one. And if it weren't for books, I wouldn't have my Book Club! Love my fellow page turners. They started out as a group of random fellow readers and now we're "sisters." 

Brother: Since I mentioned sisters (sort of), I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my ONE brother. I learn so much from him. I'm grateful for his wisdom, his love of clever humor, his unwavering faith, and his sense of adventure!

Blog: Of course I'm grateful for this blog. Aren't you? Ha. I am blessed to have an outlet for my random words of humor (well I think I'm funny anyway), inspiration (occasionally), and daily nonsense. I'm grateful that every once in awhile something I write touches someone's soul – or their funny bone. This is blog number 4,675 so the odds are in my favor on that one. 

Seriously, I am blessed to have you with me right this minute! And you'll be blessed with my brevity. Gotta go distract myself from election returns with a good book!

#gratitudemonth

No comments: