Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sweet BleSSingS

I don't do math, but I think we're about two-thirds of the way through! Alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter which so sweet when I think of all my bleSSings.

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption
B = Ballots, Books, Book Club, Bible
C = Casey, Clay, Carter, Church, Creativity, Camera
D = Dad, Daughters, Deck Chair, Dar, Design
E = Eggs, Election, Energy, Empty Nest
F = Family, Friends, Faith, Flu Shot, FastForward
G = Games, Golf, Guilty pleasures
H = Hugs, Hurricanes, Humor
= Ice cream, Impromptu Invitations
J = Jim, Jokes, Job, Java
K = Kindness, King Cone, Knock on Wood, Karma
L = Laughters, Love
M = Mom, Masters, Musicals
N = Nieces, Nephews, Neighbors, Norse Force
O = Outage
P = Pigging Out, Passport, Phone
Q = Quiet
R = R People

Scandi-hoovian-ism: Ya sure. You betcha I'm grateful for my Scandi-hoovian-sim. I believe that's a condition where one is three-fourths Swede and one-fourth Norwegian. Stubborn as hell. But carries it well. Right? And to observe this great heritage, we drove to a gas station 89.2 miles away to buy some lefse. So not kidding. Good story, though.

So our high school football coach hails from the southwest sector of the state. Early last week, knowing we were going to be playing in Blair, he told my hubby that they have the "world's best lefse" there (Wisconsin's anyway) and that he'd just have to try it. So Jim – who is zero percent Scandi anything – looked up the website for company and called to see where they sold their product and they told him Kwik Trip in Blair does. In fact, you can call and they'll set some aside for you. So he did. And they said they would. 

So I said, "So I'm your 100% Scandinavian wife and the football coach gets you to try lefse?" 

He said, "You never asked me to try it."

"And I wouldn't have," I said. "It's not that exciting." No offense, family.

But we picked some up and this photo is of my morning breakfast. Warm lefse with butter and cinnamon and sugar on it. That's how I roll! Jim said it was fine. I mean, what more can you say about paper-thin Russet potatoes? Still, it's a traditional food from my Scandi-hoovian homelands. So I'm glad we got it. It's like celebrating St. Lucia Day early! Skol!

Sisters: Of course I'm grateful for my sisters! Even though I've mentioned them before, I better so I remain the most popular.

Sylvester: And yes, we're blessed to have Princess Pukes-A-Lot with us. Even though she greeted me with a morning mess when her heaving prompted me to heave her off the carpet and into the dining room – where she deposited puke puddles as she was flying. Very long, runny, runway for that plane to land. As we say in my homeland, uff da!


She's still a special, sweet 16-year-old, though! Until the next time...

#gratitudemonth #gratitudealphabet

No comments: