Sunday, November 15, 2020

M-m-m Grateful

Our alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter M which means I have a multitude of blessings to be grateful during Gratitude Month and every day!

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption
B = Ballots, Books, Book Club, Bible
C = Casey, Clay, Carter, Church, Creativity, Camera
D = Dad, Daughters, Deck Chair, Dar, Design
E = Eggs, Election, Energy, Empty Nest
F = Family, Friends, Faith, Flu Shot, FastForward
G = Games, Golf, Guilty pleasures
H = Hugs, Hurricanes, Humor
= Ice cream, Impromptu Invitations
J = Jim, Jokes, Job, Java
K = Kindness, King Cone, Knock on Wood, Karma
L = Laughters, Love

Mom: I am so blessed to have this purple-loving woman in my life. (Not a Vikings fan, just a purple fan.) She's 88 and of sound mind and two very sound green thumbs she uses to raise her favorite – African Violets. Purple, of course. I've said it before that Mom loves to write, has perfect penmanship to this day, and appreciates a clever sense of humor. We're probably much more alike than I would have thought – or appreciated – earlier in my life. Now, I'm so grateful she's with us. And can still kick our butts in most card games!  

Masters: C'mon I have to give a shoutout for the perfect weekend-long distraction. When it's rainy, cold, windy, or all three here in central Wisconsin, there's nothing better than seeing the world's best golfers take on a course we normally only see in springtime  and make it entertaining to boot. A perfect 2020 escape! And Tiger even carded a 10 on a par 3. He's human, ladies and gentleman. And far too honest. I never card more than a 9. Ever.

Musicals: Oh  how I miss seeing my Broadway Musicals in person these days. Had 3 from our season tickets get postponed or canceled. So glad that thanks to Disney-plus, I've been able to see Hamilton a few more times. I am not throwing away my shot ... at seeing that and The Greatest Showman on demand. Heck, it's early yet. I've already watched one Hallmark movie, I might was throw a musical into the mix!

Sweet dreams! Hug your moms if you got 'em! 

#gratitudemonth #gratitudealphabet

No comments: