Thursday, November 5, 2020

C Your Blessings


Our alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter C, which means I share some of the blessings I C in my life

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption
B = Ballots, Books, Book Club, Bible

3 C's: It's fitting the letter C up above is lit up – illustrating how our 3 boys – Casey, Clayton, and Carter – light up our life! I feel like it was just yesterday they we're playing Offense-Defense in the yard and somebody always ended up crying. Now they're all in their 20s with very special young ladies in their lives. They'll always be our three little boys to us: Knothead, Knucklehead, and Chucklehead.

Church: I'm so thankful for my church family. I have gotten to make so many lifelong friends between my involvement with Sunday School years ago, various committees, choir, and now Church Council. It's been such a strange year not setting foot in the building due to the virus we shall not name, but my faith and our congregation's faith has never been stronger. So blessed!

Creativity: I am super grateful my mom passed on so many creativity genes to us kids – whether it's writing, crafty projects, or clever plays on words. I've also had plenty of enablers, I mean awesome friends, along the way who have inspired me and taught me a thing or two – from ceramics in the 1990s (Thanks, Cindy) to crochet in 2020 (Thanks, Jules) and lots of short-term and long-term hobbies along the way.

Camera: Of course! Grateful that I have an eye for an angle. That I have time to shoot pictures of sports so parents can just enjoy the game. That I have decent luck while kayaking to catch (at least on camera) an eagle or some other gift from Mother Nature. I'm not great but I love the challenge of continuously learning and improving. And in the year of social distancing, it's a fun hobby I can still enjoy from 6 feet away. Maybe when I get to Z I'll acknowledge the blessing of a Zoom Lens!

Take CARE!

#gratitudemonth #gratitudealphabet

No comments: