Sunday, November 29, 2020

Seven-plus Swans A-Swimming

Seven swans a-swimming?! I heard you groan. Don't worry, I'm not going to take my blog through the 12 days of Christmas. Though I have before.

Today's swans a-swimming were literally swans a-swimming on Lake Wazeecha when I walked around it today. This family here is a mom and day and their 7 swan kids... a-swimming or something. Ended up seeing 16 so I guess it was a perfect day for them to rest on their way South. 

I won't be able to walk around the lake tomorrow since it's "return to work after a 5-day weekend" Monday. So I don't know if we're transitioning into the geese a-laying part of the song. I guess there were way more 6 geese today on the lake, laying around doing nothing, if that counts.

It all makes sense this is happening since this is the first Sunday of Advent and we've got all kinds of Christmas excitement to both experience and look forward to.


When I saw this single ornament hanging from a tree along the walking path, it just spoke Advent to me. Is this the first of many ornaments along this path? Or the only one? It's the start of the beginning, if that makes sense, like pregame before the Vikings game (by the way, their victory actually aired on TV here today. Thought I'd throw that in there). 

While the NFL season is pretty hopeless for some of us, at least we know Advent is always a season of hope and wonderment. With a very happy ending, er beginning.

Were there more ornaments on this trail today? I won't tell. Every individual should experience the faith, hope, and magic of Advent in their own walking shoes. 

On their own path.

#advent #countdowntochristmas

No comments: