Sunday, November 8, 2020

ThankFul F Words

 

Our alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter F, which means I'm about to unleash some F words. The good kind, though!

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption
B = Ballots, Books, Book Club, Bible
C = Casey, Clay, Carter, Church, Creativity, Camera
D = Dad, Daughters, Deck Chair, Dar, Design
E = Eggs, Election, Energy, Empty Nest

Family: That's an easy one. I'm so very, very grateful for my birth family, hubby's birth family, and the family we've created together. Since fuel prices are somewhat low now, we even took the truck down to Platteville today to enjoy some family time with Carter and friends. (Well, friends will be another F word shortly.)

It's his girlFriend's birthday on Tuesday so I made some treats (scotcheroos) for her and crocheted a scarf – and did the same for his roommate (brownies for her) who's having a birthday on Wednesday. We went to lunch with the household and enjoyed good food plus visiting outside in what turned out to be another fanta-bulous fall day! 


We also spent some time with Bennie, the feisty feline of the house. 

Do not tell Sylvester. We don't need a long-distance cat fight!

Friends: Lots of our friends are just like family! I love my circles of friends from high school and college friends to close co-workers at my handful of workplaces to my current social circles of church, school, book club, neighborhood, and so on. And the list really does go on. I'm so fortunate God has put so many wonderful people in my path. I seriously wouldn't be the person I am without you. Thank you!!

Faith: This is a big one. I'm not bragging about it. I'm just saying I'd be lost without my spirituality. God once game me a second chance at life and I'm not gonna blow it. I'm eternally grateful and try to pay it forward. Sometimes – when there's nothing we can control – that just means fervent prayers. Thanks for listening, God, and teaching me your will is far better than any of my silly ideas of control.

Flu shot: I have to include this! I survived my flu shot yesterday. No pain. No crying. No fainting. And hopefully.... no flu this season. Between the COVID-19 virus and the possibility of just the normal crappy flu, there could be some serious F words over the next few months. Here's to our health!

FastForward: Just a quick mention of gratitude that we could rewind out TV back to noon when we got home tonight and fastforward through our football victory today. Thought I'd spell it out for you in case you missed to purple F up top!

#SKOL #gratitudemonth #gratitudealphabet

No comments: