Wednesday, November 11, 2020

I Scream Gratitude

Our alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter I which means I am screaming thankfulness.

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption
B = Ballots, Books, Book Club, Bible
C = Casey, Clay, Carter, Church, Creativity, Camera
D = Dad, Daughters, Deck Chair, Dar, Design
E = Eggs, Election, Energy, Empty Nest
F = Family, Friends, Faith, Flu Shot, FastForward
G = Games, Golf, Guilty pleasures
H = Hugs, Hurricanes, Humor

Ice Cream: You saw that coming, didn't you? I mean, you would've been disappointed if I said anything else. I should say I'm grateful for the incomparable deliciousness of hard ice cream – not soft serve. I'm a snob that way. I mean yes, after King Cone closed for the season, I have patronized DQ for their Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. And yes, on very rare occasions, Culver's does the trick. I mean that's like once a year. And well, usually a pumpkin or eggnog shake. Oh gosh, I'm beyond predictable! 

Here's a little something you might not have known about ice cream... It's the confection that we can count on in all circumstances – from "Yay!" to "Ugh. What a lousy day." In its own sweet way, ice reminds us to enjoy life... before it melts away!

Impromptu Invites: Speaking of enjoying life... two impromptu invites made my day today. To be fair, I'm kind of any easy "yes" these days. Anything to see people, even if it's outdoors or masked up at a social distance. So getting invited to walk around the lake after work, was a quick, "Yes, let's do it before the sun sets!" So invigorating! And grabbing dinner with a few girlfriends only took minor arm twisting. The talking, the laughter, just a sweet illusion of normalcy. 

And I'm grateful that when I do say yes, God rewards me with this image. Hard to believe the wind was practically raising the roof off our house last night and this afternoon, we get water as smooth as glass. Or as my walking partner pointed out, "As smooth as a bowl of Jell-O – unless there's cat hair on it."

Intrigued? 

#gratitudemonth #gratitudealphabet

No comments: