Thursday, November 12, 2020

J is for Just Blessed

 

Our alphabetical gratitude month continues today with the letter J which means am just so blessed!

A = Autumn, Austins, Assumption
B = Ballots, Books, Book Club, Bible
C = Casey, Clay, Carter, Church, Creativity, Camera
D = Dad, Daughters, Deck Chair, Dar, Design
E = Eggs, Election, Energy, Empty Nest
F = Family, Friends, Faith, Flu Shot, FastForward
G = Games, Golf, Guilty pleasures
H = Hugs, Hurricanes, Humor
I = Ice cream, Impromptu Invitations

Jim: You saw that one coming, too, didn't you? I would hope so. He's my much, much, much better half.  He does the laundry and cleans the toilets. And best of all, loves me for me. And that's a huge undertaking. I've obviously hit the jackpot! Did I mention his sense of humor? He's quite the jokester, in that sly funny way that makes me laugh or makes me mad when I don't realize he's just joking. But he has the biggest heart. Ever. 


And even after 23-plus years bothering each other, I still love him to the moon and back and even to Jupiter and back. Blessed doesn't cover it.

Jokes: Speaking of joking around, though. I do love the occasional clever pun. OK, as often as I can hear them, read them, think them, say them. I'm like my mom that way. In fact, Jim had emailed some pun-filled jokes recently to share with mom the next time I talked to her. So tonight when I called her I said, "Oh Mom, I have to tell you some jokes Jim sent me." She replies, "He sent you? Aren't you living together anymore?" Oh gosh. I forget my 88-year-old mother doesn't realize we say sent emails or sent texts. It's not send me a letter via USPS from some other house not on Blue Jay Drive. I had Jim talk to her a few minutes just to allay her concerns. Funny, not funny. Right? Jeez, Mom.

Job: I never thought I'd do anything other than being a newspaper reporter or editor. Then I got into magazines and online publishing. Then, after a brief stint in the ed-tech sector, I'm writing creatively (mostly) in a growing marketing department at an insurance company of all things. And I love it! I feel especially grateful in 2020, that I have a job and that I can do that job from my home office. Even though I may jest that this is Day 252 in captivity, I am beyond blessed to be in this situation!

Java: Finally, I couldn't handle any of these blessings today without my morning coffee! And anyone I come into contact with before noon is grateful for what my energy juice does for me. Yes, I am a princess and require tasty flavors in my Keurig (ope, a K word for tomorrow) or flavored creamer. Still, I drink it. I like it. Plus, once you're 50, you deserve to spoil your jolly self. And you don't have to explain yourself. Judge away.

#gratitudemonth #gratitudealphabet

No comments: