Monday, June 20, 2022

94 and Sunny and S-s-s-slithery

CONTENT WARNING: YOU WILL NOT WANT TO LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT LIKED MY PREVIOUS F WORDS, ER FRIENDS WITH F NAMES!

The massive heat wave hovering over much of the country hit us today with full force. I believe it got up to 94 here. Not a record, but I think I have now set a record for seeing a certain reptile this summer. 

Because you know who else doesn't like the heat? That's right. Snakes!

I WARNED YOU!

Just a bit ago, Jim says, "Look at that, there's a snake going across our driveway right now!" And sure enough, I could see a blackish string inching across the concrete toward my front rock garden. Which I have neglected so far this summer and will continue to do so now, for sure! 

Anyway, I said, "Let's take a look." I'm brave and willing to look at them if it's on MY terms. I was just coming down the deck steps and walking in front of my swing and holy mother of God. There was a big snake right next to the driveway. I say big. I'll let you be the judge. I screamed and ran forward and realized I was between two snakes. And I think my heart stopped. Or worked triple time!

The next-door neighbor heard me and knew I saw a snake. So he and his dogs come over and the dogs are super curious about the snake closest to the house – since the other one disappeared into my rock garden. They start barking at it and I got brave and said I need to get my good camera with a zoom lens. So I ran into the house.

LAST WARNING! TURN BACK NOW!


This is before the zoom lens. Just with my phone. They just kept barking.


My first shot with the zoom. Shaky hands much?


Winston and Murphy trying to be brave. And stupid.


Tongue slithering and I am lightly screaming as I keep snapping photos.


He's annoyed with the dogs and starting to get fatter and hood up (or whatever you call it). I call it freaking scary!


Oh Murphy, he doesn't like you!


Doesn't that look like a cobra ready to strike! Holy crap! Seriously!


And he just smiles at me. Honestly, now you see when cartoon snakes have the smile on the side. Good grief.

Anyway, s-s-s-sweet dreams tonight!


Here's a pretty kitty to help you forget what you saw. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Be careful out there!

No comments: