Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Somebody Likes Birthdays


Here's something that hasn't changed. That look of sheer delight when a birthday treat is placed before me! Even pictures that are 40-some years apart!

Yup, always loved my birthday. Or I should say, I've always loved my twin sister's birthday.


And she looks pretty lovingly at cake, too. We're not identical but definitely two peas in a pod!

Both of us had to work today since Tuesday birthdays are just another day. Rain day, in fact. And both of us went out to eat tonight with our hubbies and a few others. When I talked to Raylene a bit ago, we both were so full we couldn't move. Because we were both full from dinner but HAD to have a birthday treat!

Told you. Two peas.

I did have a nice day. I made my Coconut Dreams trifle for work and there were no leftovers.


So that's why when we went out to eat at El Mezcal with our friends Mike and Cindy, I had room for dessert and HAD to have fried ice cream. Did not know it was such a huge dessert. I mean, they brought 4 spoons with it. 

Yes, I shared. But we were all too full and I brought most of it home. Remind me it's in the lower drawer of the freezer!

Got some nice gifts today and a lot of nice birthday wishes via phone calls, texts, cards, and messages. Thanks for giving this old lady a reason to smile with sheer delight!

No comments: