Wednesday, June 8, 2022

If I Go Missing...


I'm not saying I suspect a forthcoming coup from the residents in the back yard. But if I go missing, please look there first! Their numbers are growing.

Yup, my neighbor – one of the human ones – showed me a few friend back there today. He said, "Your friend's back!" but this guy is new...


He – or maybe she – is smaller and darker in color than Freddie and Frankie. Which reminds me, I'm running out of F words, er names, to call these guys. I like my friend's suggestion of Fernando. Singing an ABBA song while walking around would be very calming.

Until Fernando makes a move.

Which happened. And I squealed as predicted. And when I got into the house, Jim wasn't surprised when I said I saw a snake. "I thought I heard you." 

Like I said, if I go missing, there may not be someone to hear me. These guys are pretty s-s-s-s-sneaky! 

Be careful out there!

No comments: