Thursday, June 23, 2022

The Watering Hole


I'm not going to give you a play-by-play account of every round of golf. But... I have to share how the golf gods were smiling on me during league tonight. Nope, didn't get birdies or pars, just random lucky shots. A lot of random lucky shots.

The photo above is the par 5 5th hole at SentryWorld. I call it the Watering Hole because 9 times out of 10 I hit my drive in the water. Tonight? Nope. the closest you can get without going in! 

But other weirdly impressive shots that my partner Nancy and I wish we had video recorded were my drive across the water on 4, where it skipped the water like a rock and ended up on the fairway. And two other shots that should have gone in water but hit rocks and got the kick of love back into the fairway.

We couldn't stop laughing. It was like a crazy movie. We wished we could replay it! So unreal.


Not so unreal that I sunk this putt for par. The ball is way back there to the left of the sand trap.


How about this angle? Can you see it now? Apparently I was confident I'd sink it for par so I took a picture. Ha. Nope. Two-putted.

Anyway, we both did pretty good and had a blast. Our other 2 couldn't golf and we couldn't get subs last minute so we cruised through and got to our respective homes at a decent hour to relax a bit. 

Laughing takes a lot out of you. But isn't that the best kind of tired?

No comments: