Friday, June 17, 2022

Close to Home


Hard to believe a year ago today was when my sister and I first laid eyes on the majestic Denali mountain. And we've never been the same. Still gives us goose bumps when we think of how big that mountain is! Crazy.

Now this summer we're just close to home. Her Friday was spent working at a lake in Minnesota somewhere and mine was watching a baseball game. Of course!

I know. A free night and I grab my camera right away. But it worked out I could watch one of our Legion teams in action. The 16U team coached by our Assumption baseball coach was playing down in Nekoosa. I knew more Nekoosa kids than Rapids kids because only one Royal – the coach's son Nolan – is on that particular team.

So I got some nice pictures and had a nice visit with another member of the Coaches' Wives Club and got to see a win. Cool! 


It's still windy and still dusty around here! So I'm going to have to figure out how to really clean my camera lenses before other photographic fun begins for the summer. 

Even though there's nothing like last year's scenery in Alaska, I bet there are plenty of photo-worthy sights to see close to home.

I'll be looking.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a shot! Look at the dirt flying up, the Dust. Cool!
Of course I love Denali more!