Sunday, June 26, 2022

Under-Booked

We had a very light schedule this weekend so we managed to squeeze in some rest and relaxation – along with fun, of course.

Saturday's rain came after hubby's round of golf at 7:30 a.m. and my Book Club at 9 a.m.  Our only booked events for the day. The rain actually held off until I was working in the back yard. I figured all my reptile friends wouldn't like getting wet so I worked in sprinkling peace. 

Took a shower and nap and after early dinner, the rain was done and the clouds lifted. So Jim went to a Legion baseball game and I headed down to Lake Arrowhead to watch (and photograph) the Shermalot Water Ski Show Team.


They have another entertaining show this year. Try to catch it if you can – most Saturday evenings. Just turn left/south by Hooziel's by the Lake and it's by the Arrowhead dam. (Also, sometimes you get nice sunsets like the one pictured on the way home.)

Of course I took way more pictures than I realized – kind of hard not to – so I was up editing and uploading until almost 2 a.m. I did not set an alarm for church. Just sleep in. But kitty was bellering down the hallway about 8:52 a.m. so I woke up. Church is at 9:30 so I had 15-20 minutes to get ready if I was going to go. I spent 5 minutes in bed deciding because was sooooo tired... but got up, got ready, and made it in time. No speeding, I swear.

Our Vacation Bible School kicks off tonight so the church was all decorated for some desert theme. Do recall what's in the desert? 

That's right. Snakes!

Big ones! My friends setting up for VBS were really hoping I'd show up for church. Uhm, you're welcome. I think? Ha.

After church, Jim and I went to a graduation party out by the river. Sunny day but so windy. We were glad we were not out kayaking. And also OK with not golfing. It would just make me swing harder! So after the party, we went to visit his parents, then came home to watch the end of regular golf and senior golf.

Definitely just winding down. Wondering how soon is too soon for this under-booked but over-tired old lady! 

No comments: