Saturday, November 26, 2022

Full Time-Out

Just like the basketball games we watched today, we gave ourselves a full time-out. One day of doing normal things for a Saturday.

I did not go Up North to my family cookie exchange as planned. I saw most of my family at the funeral yesterday and all of them at my aunt's funeral last week. I realized there's such a thing as being too emotionally exhausted to entertain an 8-hour round-trip for cookies. Some more locally located people on the Nice List will be getting them instead!

I'm not saying that if you don't receive any, you're automatically on the Naughty List. But it's worth looking into.

Instead, we went to watch the Royals play in the varsity championship games at the Cranberry Classic. The girls won their game earlier in the afternoon to go undefeated and the boys lost a high-scoring shootout to Marshfield Columbus tonight to go 1-1 in the tournament. This should be a pretty exciting hoops season! 

We were quite touched that they had a moment of silence before the boys game tonight to honor Jim's mom since Jim and his sister are alums and both he and I are pretty involved in the school. Unexpected and super nice.

After the boys game came the highlight of this 56-degree day...

Nothing says an exciting date night in central Wisconsin like a drive through the Kwik Trip car wash. Oh yeah. Good stuff! My car was happy so we were, too! 

It was a nice escape from reality today. And it gave us an appreciation for even the typically mundane. It's called balance. Let's strive for more of that, shall we?


No comments: