Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Trifle Tuesday Returns

Yesterday I was talking to one of my work teammates who's currently working remotely. Like really remotely in Indiana. I noticed his background on the virtual call was different. And yet familiar. When I realized he was back in the office for work this week, I thought, "This calls for the return of Trifle Tuesday!"

Upon this co-worker's request, I made a Pumpkin Something Something Spice Trifle... and Baby Spice.


The smaller one is the birthday treat I sent home with Carter yesterday for Mamie's birthday. I should probably confirm she actually got it. H-m-m...

Anyway, the "recipe" which I just made up is this:

Layer one is cubes of cake that was actually prepared like this – mix pumpkin spice pudding with 2 cups milk for 2 minutes, then fold in a carrot cake (or I think yellow or spice cake mixes would work, too) and stir. Place on bottom 9x13 pan. Layer a bag of Nestle Tollhouse Pumpkin Spice baking chips (pictured) and and bake a 350 some 20 minutes.

Layer two is Cheesecake Pudding mixed with milk per directions and some Pumpkin Spice Extract. I'd go about a 1/2 teaspoon if you're doing 2 packages (4 cups) pudding to make 2 layers.


Layer three is crushed up Vanilla Wafer Cookies (pictured) with some Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Sounds weird but you have to know cinnamon is part of the pumpkin spice. 

Layer 4-6 are repeats then the topping is just some Cool Whip. Easy peasy, right?

Seriously, it sounds putzy but never is all that bad. The time-consuming part is configuring what flavors and items would mix well together. But boy that's fun. And hearing the "m-m-m's" and "ahhhh's" when people taste it.

Maybe Trifle Tuesday will have come around more often! I'd rather see that on Tuesdays than this...

The commute to work was just a trifle slippery. A bit nerve-wracking with my precious cargo. The snow looks pretty now that I'm home safe for the night with nothing to do but relax.

And perhaps lick the 99% empty trifle bowl before putting it in the dishwasher?

No need to check back on that one. Be careful out there!


No comments: