Sunday, November 6, 2022

Let There Be Light


How misleading it is to set your clocks back an hour and expect you get another 60 minutes of sleep! 

Me last week: I don't get up at 6 a.m. unless I'm paid to.

Me this morning: Why am I awake at 6 a.m.!?

Me this evening: I think I'm going to bed soon. (Looks at clock. It's 6:22 p.m.)

What the heck? I'm the worst at this. I hated not being able to fall asleep after I got up at the crack of dawn. But I got some things done before church for a change.

Today was All Saints Sunday so we could light a candle for a loved one we lost in the past year. I lit one candle but it represented both my brother-in-law Saint Paul and my friend Cin. I hope the prayers and the light of their souls will help in this transition from Daylight Savings Time – let there be light! But I'm thinking it's unlikely.

What I do know is I managed to bake cookies today...

It's still pumpkin season... And I made chili for dinner... And got my "Saturday" chores done. All before it got dark at 4:30 p.m. Pretty sure the only way I'll make it up past 8 p.m. is to watch a Hallmark movie. And dread the Monday morning alarm!

Who's with me?!

No comments: