Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Turkey Eve


Today was actually a vacation day I had scheduled several weeks ago. I knew I'd need to get 2 things done before serving Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Number 1 was bake my pumpkin pies and number 2 was set the scale back 15 pounds – at least 5. It's tradition, right?

I was glad I had time to get the almost perfect pies done plus whatever other food – and house – prep I could do, plus a few creative projects, plus run what errands I could. I had hoped to get my car washed since it was 40+ degrees out. But everyone else had that idea. Add that to another day's to-do list.

For now, it's time to rest up so I can join everyone else in overexerting ourselves to eat as much good food as possible tomorrow until we need a nap. Come on. We've all trained for this!

Happy Turkey Eve! And count your blessings with gratitude tomorrow!

No comments: