Saturday, November 19, 2022

Need to Preheat

Woke up to a sunny but cold and blustery day. You know the type. Temps struggling to get out of the teens. Words like "wind chill" being bantered about. Not my scene.

Remembering that snow removal is my responsibility, I got out the shovel and cleared the driveway. I was so proud of myself for getting it done by midmorning while hubby was in town. Then I look out 10 minutes later and it's snowing. 


And there's no evidence I toiled for 45 minutes moments before. Thankfully it was light and there's an easy way to remove it.


With a leaf blower! And one operated by a helpful neighbor instead of me. Everybody wins. Or just me.

I'm more of an indoor sport type person in the winter. And by sport, I mean baking. Also known as heating the house.


In advance of next weekend's family Christmas cookie exchange, I made Crown Royal Sugar Crisp cookies.


Only because I smash the dough balls with the bottom of the lovely Crown Royal glass I found at Goodwill a few years ago. Makes for a nice look. 

For the finishing touch, I dipped them halfway into melted chocolate almond bark and added some sprinkles. They're pretty tasty. I've heard.

I'm sure this Betty Crocker level of excitement has nothing on blaze orange hunting stories from today. But you do your sport and I'll do mine. For the record, my oven mitt is orange if that counts for anything.

Be careful out there!

No comments: