Wednesday, November 2, 2022

It's Gratitude Month


I feel so behind. I realized today that it's November, which I always observe as Gratitude Month. As this lovely illustration shows, some days I need a crap-ton of coffee to get that gratitude train a-chuggin'.

Today I am grateful for health. That even though my heart is hurting, I am physically OK. Even though hubby is recovering from surgery, he's going to be OK. And hopefully more mobile.

We just have to look at all the people we're praying for and we know we're grateful that for this moment in time, we don't carry their health burdens. We don't have cancer or a child with cancer, we don't have diabetes, we don't suffer from dementia or osteoporosis, we don't have COVID (long or short), we don't have crippling diseases like MS or even fibromyalgia. We aren't recovering from a miscarriage, heart attack, stroke, or rare infection.

We're just plugging along and thanking God that for today, we've got it pretty good in that department. We also know, from very recent experience, that it could all change in the blink of an eye.

So thank you, Lord, for our health. Today.

#gratitudemonth

No comments: