Thursday, November 24, 2022

Non-Trad Turkey Day

It was a bit of a non-traditional Thanksgiving for us. With Jim's mom gone, we and his sister had our own small gatherings so my father-in-law wouldn't be overwhelmed with a crowd. I still made enough for food for one, of course.

We had 6 of us with both Clay and Carter and their special ladies here. I tried making my mother-in-law's dressing. It need work but I know what I have to tweak for the next holiday. Otherwise, the turkey, potatoes, corn, apple-Snicker salad, and pumpkin pies were good!

After dinner, we Zoom called Casey and Emily out in Portland.


Put them on the big TV so they were life-size. They won't make it home for the funeral. Airline tickets are crazy expensive since it's a holiday weekend. They'll be with us in spirt.

Just like they are right now as we watch the Vikings host a Thanksgiving game (also non-traditional) and try to hop back into the win column. I hope they didn't have any tryptophan-laden turkey. Lord knows I'm tired!

Too exciting of a game to sleep. Leave the room and someone scores. Hopefully the Vikes did while I blogged quick.

It would just be one more thing to be thankful for this thanksgiving. Even a bit sad, I love and appreciate the family that is still in my life. And my great support network of friends.

Hope you had plenty of blessings to count today. Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments: