Friday, November 25, 2022

Black Friday 2.0


If one day could feel as long as a week, it was a today. We left for the church by 9 a.m. and visitation before my mother-in-law's funeral was 9:30-11 before the funeral.

It was a steady stream of visitors – a few pointing out that this is new, but sad, take on the term Black Friday. The grieving part of me agrees. But the spiritual part of my heart is thinking just like these bright flowers delivered to my house, we are celebrating a vibrant life well-lived.

That's what we'll cling to in coming days.

That and the outpouring of support – especially those who can to uplift us with hugs in person. Besides friends, neighbors, and relatives, Jim had a dozen high school and college buddies there and I had 5 of my 7 siblings. We feel so blessed!

After a delicious lunch at the church, our immediate family went to the Forest Hill Mausoleum to lay Donna to rest. Got home about 3 p.m. and just rested. 

Tonight we distracted ourselves with watching Assumption hoops – Jim from the couch and me from court-side taking some pictures. I think our minds and hearts just needed a break. We'll certainly need some energy stored up as we continue to navigate this unfamiliar path of grief.

Thanks again for your love and support. Count your blessings – and hug them if you can!

No comments: