Monday, November 7, 2022

Caribbean Countdown

Although the app on my phone has been counting down to my first cruise, I wasn't going to say anything until it was official.

As in this baby arrived today so I officially CAN go and CAN leave the country! For the record, a passport renewal takes 7+ weeks right now. It's kind of nerve-wracking because you have to mail your old passport in and you just pray they get it. And then pray your new one comes safely in the mail.

Good thing I've got nothing else to pray about. Ha.

Anyway, the exciting part is that I'm going with my oldest sister Rayna. I'm just tagging along really. This is her cruise to do as a way to commemorate the memory of her husband Paul, who she traveled the world with (and every corner of the U.S. as well). I wasn't her first choice as a plus-one, but I was first on the waiting list. Not kidding. In the end, all the matters is I am going to go and be a supportive sister.

And just force myself to enjoy traveling from San Juan to five other Caribbean islands – including Aruba and St. Lucia (she the Scandinavian goddess of light, you know). It's going to be tough. I'll be strong so we'll both get through it. 

I have never been on a cruise or to any island except a brief stay in the Bahamas. Excited about that. A little nervous about how my body handles cruises (I mean I can kayak, so I can deal with a little rocking motion.) 

But mostly, just grateful and blessed to be a part of this new memory with my sister while she recalls many of hers sailing the high seas with her hubby, best friend, and adventure partner!

#TakeTheTrip

No comments: