Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas!


From our house to yours, Merry Christmas! Thought I'd share our Christmas card since we didn't send a card to every person we know – but quite a few.

And the back side, which you probably can't read so here is the text:

Happy Holidays! It was a fast but full year. Highlights included Jim golfing a ton this summer before having both knees replaced this fall. Robyn got lots of swings in, too, and returned to the office in June after working from home since March 2020. Our live music fun ranged from Cody Johnson to the Marshall Tucker Band (front photo) and The Who! The photo above is when Jim took all 3 boys to see them in Portland in October. Fun guys trip for them! Casey and his fiancee Emily came home from Portland in July. (Front photo is from their visit.) Counting down to their wedding next fall! Clay and Becca live in Wisconsin Rapids and are busy with their jobs, 4 cats, and perfecting new creations on their smoker. Carter and Mamie are pictured in front of the Rockies. Since he got his first REAL job and works remotely, they lived in Denver for 6 months. Why not? 

We did have some sadness this year that included losing a brother-in-law, a dear friend, and Jim's mom right before Thanksgiving. But we're still counting our blessings and hoping you'll receive many this holiday season and the new year!

Hopefully you all had a joyous Christmas today! It was pretty low-key here. I thought I was being the sneaky one playing Santa, but Santa found my hiding place and put something in my stocking too! I was excited to give Jim a few Celtics items I picked up for him when I was out in Boston in September. And he got me a very nice gift card to use at my favorite golf course, SentryWorld. 

And we got a few other nice gifts from family, including this ornament from our nephew's family. Love it!

This afternoon we went into town to visit his dad for awhile and try to spread holiday cheer. Then we pretty much lazed around watching Christmas movies – John Wayne for him and definitely not that for me. Ha. It was peaceful, though.

May the feelings of peace and love and joy continue through the week as we wrap up 2022. Tomorrow is my "Christmas observed" holiday so I'll have to repeat this relaxation vibe another day. Hope you can, too!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: