Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Trifle Tuesday :: Candy Cane Kiss Bliss


With family and work holiday parties in full swing, it's not too late to play the potluck hero. This is how I cobbled together some Candy Cane Kiss Trifle Bliss for today's team Secret Santa exchange party. 

Bottom layer is what I'll call chocolate peppermint cake:

  • Mix 2 cups milk and 1 tsp. peppermint extract with white chocolate pudding mix
  • Fold in a chocolate cake mix (dry) and stir about 50 times.
  • Place in bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
  • Layer one bag of peppermint chips on top.
  • Bake at 350 about 20-25 minutes.

Next layer is white chocolate pudding colored red with food coloring.

Next layer is crushed peppermint bark. I had a devil of a time breaking it apart with my rolling pin. Ended up pounding it quite a bit with the end of the roller! Might opt for something different next time. Not sure what.

Added a thin layer of Cool Whip then repeated.

Top is garnished with Hershey's Candy Cane kisses. I also used my cheese grater to grate a kiss to add pretty peppermint shavings on top. You know me, putz, putz, putz!

It was soooo yummy. I could have eaten the whole bowl full. A sure crowd pleaser this season so go for it! Good luck and happy holi-graze!

Side note: If you're local, the only store I found white chocolate pudding at was Baker St. IGA (none at Pick and Save or Walmart, just FYI).

No comments: