Thursday, December 15, 2022

Technically it's Still Autumn Right?


The brownish-green grass disappeared overnight and now the only color out there in our winter wonderland is white and a few brown and orange autumn leaves holding onto their season for dear life.

Sadly, they're not long for this world.


As predicted, we officially got 6 inches of snow in Wisconsin Rapids. I think only 5 on Blue Jay Drive but it all still weighed in at "heavy and wet." Schools were closed so most of our team worked from home again. 

And while I was working, the neighborhood snow angels swooped in to clear our driveway. I love that even though hubby is the one laid up, they treat me like a helpless female who can't remove snow. I don't mean that sarcastically. I love that. And am so grateful that for today I didn't have to try and remember how to operate the snowblower. Thank you, Mike and Mike! Jim thanks you and my back thanks you, too!


To illustrate how heavy that snow is... remember these straight trees (at right) from our front yard yesterday?


Mother Nature likes to bend them apart so they look look like fuzzy rabbit ears. Or, as a friend pointed out, wings. Maybe snow angel wings? I tried to get a selfie in front of them to look like an angel, but as Santa pointed out the other day, my name does not appear in that column either!


Over lunch, I did break out the lens ball and got this somewhat creative shot. I need more practice but I still think it's cool! Since winter hasn't technically started, I'm guessing I'll get a few more chances.

We could still get another inch or two tonight. At least I know I don't have to travel in the morning since Friday's already a work-from-home day. We were also lucky we didn't have to deal with power outages here either. It's been a very long couple of days for many of you.

Take care, enjoy the last days of fall, and be careful out there! 

No comments: