Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Trifle Tuesday Gets a Bit Nutty


If you didn't know, I do take requests for trifles. Today's was for a birthday boy at work and he just wanted something peanut buttery. Not chocolate and peanut butter, just peanut butter and well, peanut butter. So this is what I came up with. 

From the bottom up...

Bottom layer cubed up cake is a yellow cake mix that I added a half cup of PB2 (peanut powder to). I'd go a full cup next time. Just didn't quite add as much peanut buttery taste as I wanted. Though no one complained.

Next layer is just cheesecake-flavored pudding.

Next layer is crushed up Nutter Butter cookies then a layer of crushed up peanut butter wafer cookies.


They happened to have these in stock for peanut butter but they have a huge variety throughout the year and I grab them when I can. Their coconut ones are good and mint chocolate, too. They just happen to carry them at my Wal-Mart. Not sure about yours.

I repeated the layers and then added some Cool Whip on top and garnished with some Nutter Butters.

Based on the fact I had just enough left over to lick the bowl, I'm guessing it was OK! 

I still need to do a good holiday one before Christmas break. I still call it that since so many people are off! I'm thinking chocolate and peppermint with some tasty peppermint bark somewhere in the mix. Open to suggestions, per usual!

And it doesn't even have to be a Tuesday. We can go nuts any day of the week!

No comments: