Friday, December 9, 2022

Walker-ing in a Winter Wonderland

Today was just your typical Friday. You know, work and therapy. I prefer saying therapy over "rehab."

As expected, hubby had a rough first night with little sleep. Even with those magic pills! At least he's managing the pain a bit more proactively this time. But powering through his first physical therapy session this morning was as brutal as you'd think. 

My therapy session after work was trigger-point therapy. Also painful, but short-lived. And I feel loads better after.

Hubby's not quite there. I continue to feel helpless but am doing what I can. He's pretty immobile now and needs some assistance getting in and out of the recliner. I had planned to go shoot pictures of the Royals' double-header tonight, but really can't leave him alone for long. Pretty much how it was last time around.

He'll rely 100 percent on the walker for another two days, I'm guessing. Just grateful he hasn't had to maneuver that magical tennis-ball supported contraption through snow yet. I don't know how we escaped the forecast from last night, but we're OK with that! 

Thanks for the continued well wishes for him. And thanks to our friendly neighbors for delivering fish fries for supper. I certainly don't need spoiling just because he does... Not that I'll turn it down. 

I certainly won't take my healthy knees and mobility for granted ever again! Be careful out there.

No comments: