Monday, December 12, 2022

Talking Smart Doesn't Get You on the Nice List Either

I'll apologize in advance for what's coming this week. This is what happens when I talk smart! Didn't I learn anything about the talking thing yesterday? No, apparently not.


So my sister Ro texts a picture of the pretty wreath she put by Dad's grave. I commented on all the snow and was reminded that it is winter after all. I boldly and stupidly replied with...

A photo out my front door and a "Not here!"

Oh, I wish I could take those words back! Eight hours later and we're seeing this...


And this...


Either way you look at it, it's snow and ice and a mess. And, yep, my fault for talking smart. Or not so smart.

And selfishly the timing stinks because I have plans to escape the house the next 4 evenings! Oh, and that commute to work, which looks like it will be icy and sketchy both Wednesday and Thursday mornings. There's a change I'll work from home but that's no fun when we're doing Secret Santas at work and I still have more hollying and jollying to do!

We'll see how the forecast shakes out in the next 24 hours. In the meantime, be careful out there.

And if you love winter... you're welcome!




No comments: