Saturday, December 24, 2022

Silent Night

After closing our Christmas Eve service with Silent Night, I realized yes, it was going to be a pretty silent night on Blue Jay Drive. 

I went to 1 p.m. church since choir was singing and then went home to watch the end of the Vikings game – SKOL! – and get the Christmas Beast dinner going.

Yes, Santa confirmed that the victory on a 61-yard field goal means I am on the Nice List this year. Well, I mean someone in our house is. Maybe both? Either way, SKOL to a 12-3 record! Wow.

Clay and Becca came over for dinner at 5 p.m. The thing about Christmas dinner is that even though it was just 4 of us, you still prep it like you would for 8 or 12. Right? I did ham, cheesy potatoes and Jim's mom's famous dressing recipe. Got it right this time!

It was a nice quiet evening and by default, Clay and Becca got all the stockings and presents, ha!

Jim got all 3 boys the official poster from The Who concert they went to in Portland. We framed them and they're pretty cool. Only Clay got to open his, of course. Carter will have to wait. And I have to ship Casey's yet. Pretty awesome remembrance.

Don't you love that Clay's socks match Becca's hat? Perfect match, those two!

Even got Jim to stand by the tree. He got around a bit today without any assistance of a walker or cane. Thanks for the new knees, Santa!



Speaking of Santa... I tried to leave him Candy Cane ice cream in a special Rudolph cup but this Sly elf wasn't about to share! We'll see if he visits. If not, we know who to blame.

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas weekend surrounded by your loved ones. It's tough having empty chairs for the ones who are far away right now. (My heart was filled with joy when Carter called me this afternoon from Alabama, where they're with his girlfriend's family).

It's tougher still having an empty chair that won't ever be filled again. We sure miss Jim's mom and I know so many of you are missing someone this holiday season. Just know I heard a lot of angels singing today so they're definitely nearby. And always in our hearts.

Have a blessed Christmas!

No comments: