Sunday, December 4, 2022

Ugly for the Win


I'm starting to understand how an ugly Christmas sweater could be the winner of anything. We were actually able to watch the Vikings on our TV today. And it was ugly. And they won. But it was ugly.

Somehow we find ourselves at 10-2 for the first time in a long minute, and we're too cautious (read: burned dozens of times in the past) to get excited just yet. But I did wear purple to church this morning to garner all the good spiritual vibes I could!

Speaking of spirit...

After the early football games were done, my friend Cindy and I went to see the movie Spirited. I think it's loosely billed as a Christmas musical. I say that because neither Will Ferrell or Ryan Reynolds are particularly good singers.

But I don't have a problem staring at Ryan for 127 minutes, do you?

Anyway, it's hilarious. Not for super little kids since there are some mature themes and language you wouldn't want a 5-year-old repeating. But for adults – entertaining as heck. And so funny. And a few pretty catchy holiday songs. And honestly, not a bad a plot line. Though I think it's meant to be mostly predictable that way.

Anyway, see it if you need a new Christmas movie in your life! Plus we need to get this movement of telling people "good afternoon" going. 

That might be a little bit too ugly. If you know, you know. See the movie and you'll know!

 


No comments: