Thursday, December 29, 2022

Winter Break = Break in Winter


Did you notice the colors of spring today? The lower left side of my dash shows the noontime temperature of 43 degrees. The other clue that it was more springy than winter is the colorful soap in the car wash.


And the long line to get in there in the first place. My car was crying salty tears – very salty – so it was worth the wait.

And yes, even though it got up to 46 degrees, we have to remember winter is still another good 3-5 months. As someone said today: "Look at this weather being all springy and cute like it didn’t just try to kill us last week."

Right? At least it takes us out of 2022 on a high note.

That and vacation. 

I had today off but did work in the office yesterday. Ended up being a late night since I went to two high school basketball games at UWSP for the Sentry Classic. Assumption lost a barn-burner in OT. Fun and nerve-wracking to watch and take pictures. I didn't even get to those pictures until this morning since I was up late editing photos from the Rapids girls game that I went to earlier in the day. So I didn't take time to blog. 

Not that I have anything interesting to report beyond the weather.


Hubby got a ride and ventured out to choir practice tonight so I finally got the living room AND the remote AND the Christmas tree to myself long enough to watch a holiday movie. Not that I've been short-changed in that department. I've watched my share in the basement. But there's something about looking at the tree at the same time as I'm soaking in the corny plot line that add to the atmosphere.

It was also a good reminder that even though we had a break from winter today, it's just hiding out in that thick fog somewhere. It'll be back so we might as well keep enjoying the Hallmark season, I mean Christmas season, while we can.

Be careful out there!

No comments: