Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Daily Roller Coaster

When you think about it, every morning when we rise, we're entering a roller coaster ride. Sometimes it's an insane hold-unto-the-bar whirlwind. Other times it's a hands up in the air wave at your parents kiddie coaster. And in the best times, it's somewhere in between.

Glad today was somewhere like that.

First the downhill... setting an alarm at 6:15 a.m. for the first time in many, many days.

Then the upswing... I stopped to get gas on the way to work and the Kwik Trip TV screen asked: Would you like to save 75 cents per gallon on gas today? Yes, please!

Then the down-swing. By the time I rode the elevator from my parking spot on the 4th level underground to the 2nd level above ground, my no-show sock was slipping halfway up my arch inside my shoe. Ugh..

Then there was catching up at work after 4 business days out of the office. I'd call that the calm track on the roller coaster for all ages. 

After work, I headed to the Lady Royals Sectional softball game. The #1 seed Royals faced the #2 seed Marshfield Columbus. When I got there with the game in progress, we had a slim lead and eventually kept them scoreless with a 15-0 win. Whoo-hoo! What an up-swing on the roller coaster.

Meanwhile I was watching our Royals baseball team on the GameChanger app. We were facing the No. 1 team in our sectional – Eleva-Strum. It was a pretty exciting game to follow.

When I first was able to tune in, we were down 9-1. Then we had a Royals rally inning.


We rallied so hard, but in the end, came up short and are done for the season. Still, Coach Austin said we made our opponents nervous and very grateful to win. So that made that roller coaster go downhill and ease to a stop on ground level.

Letting me off at my bedside to keep most of life at an even keel. Hopefully, sweet stable dreams are in store for all of us before the next ride!

Be careful our there.

No comments: