Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day for all you special ladies who have made the world a better place by being in it! It's fun to celebrate how awesome we are, isn't it?

My day was a little centered around food! I'll comfort food since my baby texted at 6:30 a.m. that they were officially leaving Wisconsin on their way home to Raleigh. 

Jim's usual tradition is to make me Eggs Benedict for Mother's Day. This year, since we saw a commercial that iHop had a variety of Benedicts, we figured we'd give that a try. We both ended up getting the "classic" anyway. And honestly, Mr. Austin makes it even better! 

And although we were full, it just so happened that after a stop at Menard's, King Cone was open!

Hello, Blueberry "Yes, Please" Cake ice cream! Good stuff. I was super full and couldn't finish it.

But Sylvester helped me lick the bowl clean later!

My other Mother's Day treat was going to be golfing. We had a tee time and it just kept raining all day. It stopped now but it's only in the 50s so I sent Jim along with a buddy. It's not a "treat" for me to be cold and miserable.

Plus, this way, since I'm done with Queen Charlotte, I can jump into season 2 of Firefly Lane on Netflix and all that mushy stuff! 

Hope you all had a relaxing day and were treated like the queens we all are!

No comments: