Sunday, May 21, 2023

I Did Not Throw Away My Shot


If you ever oversleep for church on Sunday but your phone rings from a girlfriend from church – answer it! She wasn't calling because you needed to be at church. You needed to be her last-second replacement partner to go see Hamilton!

When my friend Kim purchased the tickets way back when, she planned to take her daughter, my "niece" and dancer/singer extraordinaire Megan. But then Megan couldn't go due to some dance rehearsal and when Megan's back-up ticket person fell ill today, it was time for Kim to find someone at the last second. Someone who loves musicals – especially this one. And I got the lucky call. 

I had one hour to get ready. And at that point, it didn't matter I had plans for a movie with a friend and plans for golf with hubby today. If you've seen it, you know why Hamilton trumps all!


Kim hadn't seen it before so I showed her plenty of photo op places before the show. Pretty much counted on the fact that as a "stage mom" she'd absolutely love it.




And she DID love it. And it was phenomenal per usual! My only mistake was forgetting to pack any Kleenex for that part – you know the one – where I cried.

The casting – even with several understudies today – was amazing. And it was so entertaining. 

As much as I loved being the alternate attendee, you MUST see this one, Megan!! YOU should, too, if you haven't yet.

Also, just so you know. I'd be happy to be on any of your backup plus-one lists for any event like this!

No comments: