Saturday, May 27, 2023

Holiday Weekend Party Circuit :: Part 1

Graduation weekend started last night without me. I got a sub to shoot pictures of the ceremony since I was getting home late. But got to catch up on the details today as we started the party circuit.

That was after I slept 11 hours – I needed it – finally got the car washed and, oh yeah, found myself listening to country music on Sirius. What is happening to me?!

Today marks 10 years since my dad passed so it was good to have full day of fun to distract me. First grad party was at 1 p.m., followed by a 50th birthday party for my BFF's baby bro...

That wasn't meant to make you feel old, my beautiful friend!

Then it was off to a 5-for-1 party for some of the Royal boys (4 who play baseball). That was followed by a round of golf at 6:10.  You know you're golfing late, when the sprinklers on the greens start coming on right after you hole out.

Made for a pretty picture. Much prettier than my game. But still it was fun!


It was about 80 degrees still even at twilight golf time. I didn't mind it.

Of course we did break a sweat. I'll blame the temps, not the fact we swung a lot.


Had this artsy shot, too, with Craig hitting out of the sand with the cool U.S. flags instead of standard golf flags on each hole. Absolutely love that!

After golf, the four of us headed down to Hooziel's on the Lake to hear our friend Todd's band Rising Phoenix.

Always a phenomenal show! And we got home at the stroke of midnight so we can sleep and enjoy round 2 of the party circuit.

At some point I need to unpack. Guess that'll be a Monday thing. Hope y'all are enjoying this gorgeous summer weather this weekend! Be careful out there!

No comments: