Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Road Most Taken

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

– Robert Frost


The problem with taking the road most traveled is that you end up in the same places you've already been. 

This morning I had a very foggy commute to work. Thankfully, since I have traveled these roads, I could navigate my way ... while cursing oncoming traffic for not having their lights on! #lightsonforsafety

Tonight, though, when my baby headed down this road with his girlfriend, I knew where this road was leading. And it was far, far away.


Yup, said goodbye and good luck to the kiddos as they departed for southeastern Wisconsin for a very short time before heading back East to North Carolina.

I had a very important appointment after work – my monthly deep tissue massage – and when I arrived home at 6:10 p.m., the house was empty and I freaked out that I missed my goodbye!

But then my father-in-law called to thank me for sending fresh Monster Cookies with the kids and said they were heading to Blue Jay Drive to say goodbye. Whew. Not that it made the goodbye any easier, but as least I got a good farewell-see ya soon hug – or 3 – to hold me for awhile.

There's a good chance I'll see those 2 in less than 3 months when my sister weekend is out that way in the Smoky Mountains, but I might just have to keep an eye on airfares. Ha. Once you've had a dose of brown-eyed boy's dimples, it truly is hard to let go.

Honestly, though. When the fog clears, I'm just grateful to see him and grateful our 3 brown-eyed bandits sometimes take the road here, too! Love them all!

Feeling sappy and blessed. Deal with it. Ha. 

No comments: