Sunday, May 28, 2023

Holiday Weekend Party Circuit :: Part 2


From the archives... 7 years ago today, this young man graduated from high school! I texted the picture to Carter and he commented that he looks like a baby compared to now. I said, "But you ARE my baby!" Time flies!

Today was round 2 of graduation parties. After church, we had 4, starting at noon-ish. I went to one first for a graduate from our church, then I went home and got hubby and we went to one for one of his senior baseball players, then onto another one for one of his players (and friends of ours, of course), then onto a party for one of our favorite little girls-now graduate.

I joked that Jim and his buddy Craig were walking billboards for Wisconsin. Craig's shirt says: "Call me old fashioned." Jim's says: "Life happens. Beer helps."


We wrapped up the night honoring our sweet Miss Ava. Wanted to cry when we saw this picture she's holding up. She's always little Ava to us – even though she's taller than us – and we're Mr. and Mrs. Awesome to her.  Amazing girl and amazing family. 

Another fun day for sure. And perfect weather. 

Tomorrow will be much of the same – just weather-wise. There's a zero percent chance of an alarm for me and 100 percent chance of bonding with Mr. Deck Chair. It is a holiday, after all.

No comments: