Monday, May 29, 2023

Unofficial Start of Summer for Sure

There's no doubt Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer! I don't care if it's back in the 70s again next week. Right now, it's summer. And I'm loving it.

Also, if you notice the time on the TV – 10:19 a.m. was when I was enjoying my morning coffee. When I say I'm sleeping in on my day off, I'm not messing around.

Finally think I'm caught up on sleep. Finally unpacked and have my work bag reorganized. And finally killed off nearly 200 work emails. I KNOW it's supposed to be a holiday, but I had to do it. Or there wouldn't be enough caffeine for tomorrow morning's re-entry into the real work world!

I did treat myself to some fun. My friend Marigene went golfing in the mid-afternoon. Jim had already gone this morning with buddies before having baseball practice.

I was sporting my new truckin' hat from our customer. Definitely not wearing it golfing again. Not a true trucker hat with ventilation. Instead, it was a bit hot. Like my golf game!

Just kidding. Only checking to see if you were still with me.

Got home to hubby grilling steak and brats – not something we had at any grad parties this weekend. I think we're now rested and fortified for the short week ahead. Hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend, too.

Hello, Summer! You're welcome to stick around.

No comments: