Saturday, May 20, 2023

Royally Fast Weekend Vibes


This weekend is flying. Which means it's action-packed. Not just with the dusting and vacuuming I got around to at 7 o'clock Saturday night. But actual good times.

Last night I headed into Witter Field after work and shot photos of the Royals game against Pacelli. We hung with them for the first inning or 3 then lost it big time with a Pacelli 9-run half inning. The only reason I enjoyed it was because I got to see my former co-worker and friend from Pacelli – will be my co-worker again next week. Love that! 

But obviously sorry for the Royal's 10-run loss.

Today I had two things on the agenda: Attend UW-Stevens Point graduation and pick up my "volunteer packet" for the upcoming U.S. Senior Open.

Had to leave the house before 8 a.m. (I know – it's a Saturday!) to get to campus at 8:30 and meet up with my cousins who had the tickets.

Four years ago, my cousin Luke (or as my hubby would say, first cousin twice removed0 started at UWSP and I thought I'd see him pretty often since my office is only a few blocks from campus. Then that pesky pandemic hit so I didn't get to see him much until the past year. Mainly when he was playing in the pep band for the university and our local River Kings hockey team. Was great to see him and his girlfriend graduate.


So this is how we're related. My dad's sister had a son Gene (left) who had two daughters, Rachael and Sara, and then Rachael had Luke. If you look closely, you can see we all have those tiny Hedberg eyes! Ha. 


Anyway, it was great to see Luke move on to his new College of Conservation related job.


And match purples with his little brother Ty. I joked we could be prom dates.


And see my sister cousins! Time always goes so fast but I'm glad I got some hugs and laughs in.

After that I headed to Sentry to pick up U.S. Senior Open packets for me and my neighbor and two cousins. I think it was about 90 minutes in line. But I'm so excited for this, I didn't care.

Came home and spend 20 minutes with Mr. Deck Chair – yes, finally 70+ degrees again – then got my Saturday chores done. Jim is singing with the guitar choir up in Rudolph this evening. So I might just relax in Mr. Recliner.


Guess what's on? Yep. Never seen it from start to finish so I'm popping the popcorn and calling it a Robyn night. Hope you're having an amazing weekend!!



No comments: