Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Better Buttermaker

After tonight's stinging one-run loss to the Diamondbacks, I found myself Googling "Bad News Bears" again for more unfortunate comparisons. With a record of 2-6, we still actually have a chance to finish at .500. A chance.

Until then, as the Wikipedia entry for Bad News Bears mentions, we (the Orioles) are still the cellar-dwelling team. And though our own Coach Buttermaker likes his occasional Budweiser, he sticks to Diet Dew during the games... though he probably wouldn't mind some Ibuprofen mixed in.

Tonight in pictures:


"Coach told me to swing... I am ready to swing... I want to swing... Uh-oh. Another walk. Coach ain't gonna be happy."




Running to third... Sliding... Safe!


Coach Jimmy Buttermaker addresses the team.
"Yes, Coach, we're listening." ... "Yes, we'll try harder next game!" ... "I wonder who brought snacks tonight?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

Anonymous said...

that doesn't happen everyday. wish you all the best.