Thursday, June 5, 2008

Farewell, fourth grade!

School's out for summer!! I know I always say I can't believe my baby is growing up. But he just keeps doing it. Now, I guess, he's technically a fifth-grader! Yikes!

An interview with outgoing Grant Elementary fourth-grader Carter Austin:

Mom: What was your favorite subject and why?
Carter: Science because I liked doing all the experiments.

Mom: What did you like most about your teacher?
Carter: Most of the time she'd give us extra recess, which was fun.

Mom: What did you do that got you in trouble?
Carter: Talked in class when I'm not supposed to.

Mom: Anything else?
Carter: Nope.

Mom: What did you like to do at recess?
Carter: No matter what, I would always play soccer.

Mom: Who are you favorite friends to play with?
Carter: Clayton and Jacob.

Mom: How about girls?
Carter: Not tellin'.

Mom: What was your favorite memory of the school year?
Carter: When Cody walked by and said "Hi" and my other friend Craig said "Hi popo!"

Mom: What was the coolest thing you learned?
Carter: That school's out.

Mom: What are you looking forward to in fifth grade?
Carter: Dissecting frogs or deer hearts.

Mom: How about this summer?
Carter: Sharing my memories and Kidz Camp.

Sad Mom: Why do you have to grow up?!
Carter: It's natural and everybody has to grow up. So don't call me your "wittle baby" anymore!

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Oh-oh! I forsee some "hard" times coming up.... "don't call me that... don't look at me.... don't come near me...."
My sympathy to all the moms in the world that have to deal with their "babies" growing up. Be thankful that you have "babies" big, "widdle" or grown-up, you're so lucky!