Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Terms of entrapment, er, endearment

There used to be a television show called "Kids Say The Darndest Things," hosted by Bill Cosby and inspired by the highly entertaining clips from Art Linkletter's television series from way back when.

What made these shows so funny? Kids have no filters. You ask them a question, they tell it like it is -- whether it's good or bad. This is why I'd would never ask my son, "Do these pants make my butt look big?" I don't want to hear the unfiltered response. I ask my hubby instead who knows how he should respond to earn my continued undying love and appreciation!

The other day when we had friends over, Jim called me "Sweetie" when he was asking me a question. Our friend Mike asks Carter, "Does he always talk to your mom that way?" Carter responds, "Oh yes!"

Not much later I called Jim "Honey" and Mike turns to Carter again and asks, "Does your mom always talk to your dad that way?" Carter responds, "Yes. She's always like 'Oh honey, stop that.'" Jim chimes in, "Yep, that's what she says alright."

Nice, huh? The guys got a kick out of that one. I just said, "No more questions!"

No comments: