Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sweet 17

Back when my hubby was a boy, he fell in love with the Boston Celtics watching a player named John "Hondo" Havlicek tear up and down the court. Havlicek wore No. 17, which has been Jim's favorite number ever since.

Would we call it a lucky number? Maybe. I mean every jersey Jim has worn (no matter what the sport) has been No. 17 and I'm sure he's posted some wins along the way. It's also one of our Powerball numbers. No, I'm not sitting here on a secret pile of cash, but we may have won a buck or two on that number.

In Jim's heart, I'm sure, the number paid off tonight -- in Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

I really do not profess to be an NBA fan. I am just at my hubby's side during these playoffs so he has someone to high-five when he wants to. Leading the series 3-2, the Celtics were back at home in Boston tonight to hopefully win their 17th NBA title on June 17th. Did I mention there's a full moon, too?

Apparently the stars were in alignment, too. The Celtics stomped on the Lakers and won by 39 points!! Pretty damn cool to see (even if I will be tired as heck in the morning!).

Maybe I'll have to change my lucky number from 28 to 17. And maybe our luck will run over one more day for Wednesday's Powerball drawing. If it does, I promise I'll blog from the Caribbean... or, if hubby has his way, from Boston.

No comments: