Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Star light, Star bright...

They say when the stars are aligned just right, good things will come to you that day. Today was not one of those days. In fact, if I got my telescope out, I'd venture to say I'd see them scattered about like a game of pool or bocce ball.

I learned it is possible for everyone in a household to have a bad day -- or at least a challenging one -- in their own separate worlds.

Mommy had a fitful night's sleep so woke up feeling cruddy, had a bad weekly weigh-in and suffered through technical difficulties most of day, exclaiming, "I hate computers" at least a half-dozen times.

Daddy also didn't sleep well, but his computer worked today. Unfortunately, the mighty Windstar's window broke on the way home (we were taking the van in for "service engine soon" problems tomorrow anyway). Then he had to coach the Bad News Bears in a 10-1 tournament loss. And it looks like his Cincinnati Reds are losing by a similar margin as we speak.

I bet you can guess why Carter's day was bad. Coach Daddy Buttermaker had even tried to bribe him. "If you get just one hit, I'll take you out for ribs Wednesday night." Carter did get on base with a walk and hit (as in he was hit by a pitch), but no official hit. I think he was more upset about the ribs thing than the loss. But as a consolation, he may get an ice cream treat at Shivers tomorrow night.

That's not quite everyone. We can't forget about Sylvester. Yes, our feline princess puked on our white carpet in the bedroom tonight.

So I'm going to log off now, hope Blogger doesn't bomb on me and lose my blog in cyberspace like last night... and go find that telescope...

1 comment:

Rayna Delaney said...

Don't ever stop blogging.... I don't know what Paul & I would do without our daily laugh. :) Your light-sided take on your lives is like watching a nightly comedy show. I hope your light-sided view will help you past the BIG 40 birthday in a few days. Can't wait to read what you'll say about that day!!!!