Monday, June 30, 2008

Robyn's Nest

Hubby and I feel like a pair of empty-nesters this week with Carter gone on his Up North Vacation. We're getting a glimpse of what it will be like to fly by the seat of our pants, so to speak -- or in parent language, make plans on a whim with no need to make babysitting arrangements.

After work today we went golfing with Jim's boss and wife, then grabbed a bite to eat, then stopped to say hello to some friends -- with no rush to get home for anyone's bedtime (except mine).

We had a great time. Then we called Carter to say goodnight and I knew in an instant I am not ready for life without him as part of my daily routine. Part of my daily everything.

Sure, we plan to have some fun this week. We'll take advantage of this parental freedom. But it will be good to have someone to tuck in at night again.

No comments: