Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wedded Bliss

It's our wedding anniversary today so it's kind of cool we have a bunch of dates lined up this week. And although my hubby jokes (I think) that he's been married so long, he no longer looks both ways before crossing the street, we are happy.

A co-worker asked how many years we've been married. I told her "Just 6." And she responded, "Don't say 'just 6' -- that's a lot compared to some people!"

What's our secret? I told her, "Well, Jim accepted years ago that I am a whack job. And just last week, I accepted it, too."

I love that man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the day the bliss "officially" began!

A great post indeed - in all the years I've known you two I've always been inspired by the way you two look at each other - the ability to say so much without saying a word.

Hey, acceptance is half the battle right? I think you balance your whack-dom with a healthy dose of compassion and a cheerful spirit - so that's good!

Seriously though, I found this quote a few years back and have always found it to be true.

~ Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rayna Delaney said...

Short blog, huh? Too busy getting ready for all those hot "dates" with your wonderful hubby of six years! Congratulations! I know you two have been through hell & high water... sure glad you stuck it out! You're a great, fun couple. Best wishes from us!