Monday, July 21, 2008

Scenic Route


A few images from Jim's "Roots Roadtrip" out East.

Funny how the people out East say Wisconsin is beautiful, but we don't have anything like this! Jim enjoyed many views of the Adirondak Mountains while driving around upstate New York and Vermont.

... Of course, they don't have a lot of deer out there, either.

There's just something about covered bridges that make me think of Clint Eastwood... I mean think of the old times.

But this is better than ol' Clint any day. Those who know me and my love for lighthouses and water know that this is why I wish I was there! Sigh... Maybe next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello to Robyn & the Austins - Been without internet-email for over a week- my modem got fried in one of those awful lightening-wind storms where the power surges were something out of a haunted house!!
So enjoyed catching up on all the news and your busy week with Carter. Tell Carter I hope he has "fun" when football starts, and not to work too hard!! Enjoy the rest of summer, Carter! As for Jim and his trip, Robyn, that was great of u to let him go out there alone! Did he ever find out about that #3 wife???? As u said in your blog, he took (rode?) a "fairy" over Lake Champlain to New York, so I was wondering, was the fairy's name "Marilyn"?? If he rode Ms. Monroe, I'm wondering how much researching he got done?!? Just kidding!!
I loved the pictures, and I of course love the water so we spent 3 days last week in Canal Park on Lake Superior. I really think I was born (in a previous life)in New England or On the sea somewhere, I have such a longing for that area, and the water, and an island like Ireland or Iceland.

Who knows, maybe I was Jim's great great grandfathers 3rd wife??? Most days I feel old enuf that I think I could qualify -

Love your blog as always.

Love you lots - Sis Romey

Robyn Austin said...

I'm so embarrassed I typed "fairy" instead of "ferry" ! I just went back and edited myself!! And no, Jim did not find wife #3 or Marilyn out there -- just some older, helpful ladies who share his love for genealogy!