Friday, July 18, 2008

Deflated at 40?

I read somewhere once -- in one of those "facts of life" type emails -- that there comes an age when one should quit making a big deal about birthdays, and that age is 8.

What a load of poo-poo! I plan to make a big deal of my birthday forever. In fact, up until today, I still had my decorations hanging over my desk at work. I had to laugh when I saw those sagging balloons, though. How appropriate for a 40-year-old!

Someone else is celebrating their birthday today at work, so I am passing on the balloons and best wishes. Does this mean the celebration is over? Heck no. If someone asks my age in the next several months, I still plan to say, "Oh, I just turned 40!"

I do have to accept, though, that the saggy balloons are just the beginning.

No comments: